Thursday, August 26, 2004

Vondervotteimittis 2 -

Sick of meeting ghosts in alleyways, I decided long ago to stick to well-lit streets when traveling abroad. Things are just better that way, really. And meeting the undead isn't even the worst thing that can happen to a traveller down little used lanes.

"...a traveller's life is one that includes much pain amidst its enjoyments." (M. Shelley, 1818)

I write things down only to remind myself that I, one day, will remember no more. A life reduced to a box of scribbles and a stack of cluttered hard drives.

I sleep late in the day only to remind myself that I, one day, shall sleep forever. And what a luxury it is to be able to get up at all - even late.

Naked as a Johnny Cash lyric,
Asleep atop my covers,
Solid and liquid,
I dream of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment