Wednesday, November 23, 2005

lacuna

"So, tell me, how does one take a break from something that isn't really anything?"

"Well my friend, It's all about priorities - and getting them straight. Using this little unit of time for something more productive. More important? A measure of energy to be spent somewhere else doing something else."

"You're being very vague."

"It's the best way to be."

"I guess."

"Besides, I think I may have finally figured out a simpler way of saying things."

"Oh yeah? And how is that?"

"By saying nothing at all, of course."

"Well now, I can't really argue with that. So, a break then?"

"Sort of. More of an interruption than a break, I suppose. And more of a lapse than an interruption, really. But certainly it would be more of a, um, of a-

"-hiatus?"

"Yeah, but even far more sinister than that - an open-ended hiatus."

"You'll have to create a new word then."

"I'll use my time off to think about just such a thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment